ABOUT VIBE HCM
Our specialty is creating easy-to-use HR technology to be used and valued by all employees. We have been doing this for over 16 years. This relentless pursuit has led us to work with some of the most innovative and recognized brands, while at the same time creating Vibe HCM - a highly acclaimed HRIS, Talent and Employee Collaboration suite that drives transformative change.
The Crew is comprised of energetic, bright, self-motivated folks that work hard and play hard. We provide a range of formal compensation and informal rewards, socialization and volunteerism opportunities. We’d love to have you as part of our Crew in our Saskatoon office!
Summary The Systems Engineer is responsible for helping to design, implement, and maintain complex, integrated, enterprise network architectures and systems. This role establishes a stable networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
This role will be based in Saskatoon, SK, Canada
What you will be doing
- Proactively monitor and maintain network and server performance, security and reliability
- Troubleshoot and improve existing Servers and Applications; Engage external support resources as required to ensure prompt problem resolution
- Utilize incident/change management system to update, escalate and close customer support requests
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in cloud/ technology discussions and facilitate decision with other teams within the organization.
- Maintain and support active directory (maintenance, security, monitoring, improvements)
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Create and maintain policies and procedures for server installation and maintenance
- Keep systems and infrastructure documentation up-to-date
- Test and evaluate new technology and applications; Maintain a broad knowledge of current and emerging computer and network systems and technologies
- Make recommendations to management about the application of new technology
- Rotate On-Call duties, if assigned
- Participate in other assigned projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or related fields, from an accredited college or university
- Two or more years server experience with companies with a minimum of 100 users and multiple servers running MS Windows 2012 or higher
- Hands on and technical knowledge of the major public cloud providers, preferably in Azure.
- Experience in creating cloud architecture and roadmaps for both hybrid and non-hybrid cloud solutions
- At least two years of experience with VMware vSphere 5.5, 6, 6.5
- Experienced with Linux systems
- Experience with monitoring systems
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge Active Directory, MS SharePoint, and MS Office, Office 365, Cisco UCS and Nimble SAN.
- One active Microsoft certification is strongly desired (MCSE, MCTS, MCITP)
Competencies for Success
- Communication: effective and concise written communication target to specific audiences; strong verbal communication and listening skills to assure understanding
- Analytical thinking: approaches problems logically; provides meaningful analyses through verbal and written presentations
- Organizational skills and concern for order: keeps accurate records; provides meaningful data for review
- Initiative: engaged and proactive; takes appropriate action with minimal oversight
- Detail Oriented: detailed administrative skills for tracking and reporting
- Agility and time management: able to respond to changing priorities, demands, procedures and technology; Excellent organizational and time management skills to meet client needs